Welcome once again to Eerdmans All Over, a Friday roundup of all the Eerdmans-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can find in a given week.
The Rest of Life: Rest, Play, Eating, Studying, Sex from a Kingdom Perspective
Ben Witherington III
Dementia: Living in the Memories of God
God’s Saving Grace: A Pauline Theology
Frank J. Matera
Explorations in Ecclesiology and Ethnography
Christian B. Scharen
News from Eerdmans . . .
- A number of folks from Eerdmans will be in Chicago this weekend for the AAR/SBL Annual Meetings. If you happen to be there, too, be sure to stop by and say hello at Booth #514/515 — where you’ll get 40% off any of the 150+ titles we’ll have in stock there. Visit our Edelweiss catalog for a look at what we’ll have on hand.
- This week we announced the long-awaited return of our Print on Demand program. Visit our website news page to learn more.
- Congratulations to Cindy Reyes, who won our first-ever Pin to Win! sweepstakes. To peruse all of EBYR’s fun assortment of book-related pinboards on Pinterest, click here.
. . . and elsewhere.
- Jack Levison (Filled with the Spirit) wrote on “5 Misunderstandings about the Holy Spirit” for Relevant.
- Cynthia Leitich Smith shared our book trailer for Lee Bennett Hopkins and Stephen Alcorn’s Mary’s Song on Cynsations.
- John Frye retold a parable from Eugene Peterson’s Working the Angles: The Shape of Pastoral Integrity in his Jesus Creed post “From the Shepherd’s Nook: John Frye and Parable of the Bible.”
- Sandra Sims reviewed R. Paul Stevens’s Work Matters: Lessons from Scripture for The High Calling.
- Barbara A. Lehman published her in-depth look at Niki Daly’s The Herd Boy on Africa Access Review.
- Bluffton University announced that J. Alexander Sider (To See History Doxologically) has been appointed Harry and Jean Yoder Scholar in Bible and Religion. This position was formerly held by professor emeritus J. Denny Weaver (The Nonviolent Atonement).
- Nerissa McCanmore examined themes from Thomas Bergler’s The Juvenilization of American Christianity from an Orthodox perspective for Nyssa’s Hobbit Hole.
- Author Jacqueline Levering Smith tipped us off to this entertaining tribute video created by enthusiastic young readers of her novel Annie’s War.
- The Australian radio show Open House Interviews with Leigh Hatcher posted part two of its recent interview with John Mulder, editor of Finding God: A Treasury of Conversion Stories.
- Nick Norelli added a portrait of Miroslav Volf’s Do We Worship the Same God? to his Instagram collection of photos featuring Eerdmans books.
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with Eerdmans or EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You also can post items on our Facebook timeline, mention us on Twitter (@eerdmansbooks or @ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.