Welcome once again to Eerdmans All Over, a Friday roundup of all the Eerdmans-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can find in a given week.
News from Eerdmans . . .
- Richard J. Mouw and Robert L. Millet visited Eerdmans Bookstore on Wednesday. The two theologians spoke together about how their own conversation began many years ago — and how it has developed over time — as they reflected on the state of Mormon-evangelical dialogue in America today.
. . . and elsewhere.
- Richard Mouw (Talking with Mormons) and Robert Millet (A Different Jesus?) took part in Calvin College’s January Series, speaking on “Evangelicals and Mormons: A Conversation and Dialogue.”
- Henrik Hovland and Torill Kove’s John Jensen Feels Different was a starred selection in the Fall 2012 edition of the Best Books for Kids & Teens, a publication of the Canadian Children’s Book Center.
- Joel Watts also devoted an Unsettled Christianity post to Acceptable Words, saying, “Call me crazy, but that looks interesting…“
- The Jewish Week’s Steve Lipman interviewed Eugene Korn (Covenant and Hope) for the feature “Interfaith Dialogue For A New Era.”
- Tasha Saeker reviewed Niki Daly’s The Herd Boy on Waking Brain Cells.
- Aunty Amo welcomed Sam Hailes to her blog to review D. A. Carson’s The Intolerance of Tolerance.
- The Texas Library Association’s 2013 raffle features original art by Tom Shefelman created for I, Vivaldi.
Pat Sherman participated in a recent celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation sponsored by The National Archives and Records Administration in Washington D.C., reading from and signing copies of her picture book Ben and the Emancipation Proclamation.
- The Rogue Librarian included Michelle Markel and Amanda Hall’s The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau in its “Best of Indies 2012” post, calling the book “a beautiful introduction to the artist and his bold, dreamy vision.”
- We couldn’t help noticing the telltale Eerdmans bookstack logo on photos in Ann Voskamp’s A Holy Experience post “The 1 Habit God Really Wants for Your New Year.” Can you spot D. Martyn Lloyd Jones’s Studies in the Sermon on the Mount, too?
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with Eerdmans or EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You also can post items on our Facebook timeline, mention us on Twitter (@eerdmansbooks or @ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: email@example.com.