Welcome once again to Eerdmans All Over, a Friday roundup of all the Eerdmans-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can find in a given week.
Straining at the Oars: Case Studies in Pastoral Leadership
H. Dana Fearon III
with Gordon S. Mikoski
News from Eerdmans . . .
- The Eerdmans Inventory Reduction Sale ends in just over a week. Click over to Eerdmans.com to browse the hundreds of titles available at 60% off throughout the month of March.
. . . and elsewhere.
- Byron Borger has released parts two and three of his “Hearts and Minds Best Books of 2012″ list. Part two features Ruth Everhart’s Chasing the Divine in the Holy Land, which Borger called the “Best Travelogue” of the year. Part three includes Christine Pohl’s Living into Community (winner of the “Best Book on Community — A ‘Can Your Church Do This?’ Award”), John Swinton’s Dementia (named “Best Book of Pastoral Care”), and the first three books in the Prophetic Christianity Series (dubbed “Best New Series of Books — A Trifecta Award for Three 2012 Titles”).
- Richard Wilson reviewed the UK edition of Rupert Shortt’s Christianophobia for the Rationalist Association, calling the book “subtle and insightful.”
- Bruce Ashford captured a great moment at Thomas Bergler’s Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary lecture on The Juvenilization of American Christianity last week.
- Both Bible X and For Christ and His Kingdom devoted posts to spreading the word about our inventory reduction sale. (Much appreciated!)
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with Eerdmans or EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You also can post items on our Facebook timeline, mention us on Twitter (@eerdmansbooks or @ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.