Welcome once again to Eerdmans All Over, a Friday roundup of all the Eerdmans-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can gather in a given week.
Arts Ministry: Nurturing the Creative Life of God’s People
Michael J. Bauer
Francis, a New World Pope
News from Eerdmans . . .
- Wesley Granberg-Michaelson appeared at Eerdmans Bookstore to speak about the subject of his new book From Times Square to Timbuktu: The Post-Christian West Meets the Non-Western Church. Watch the video!
- We launched the book trailer for Times Square to Timbuktu last week.
- Congratulations to the winners of the PEN/Steven Kroll shortlisted book giveaway!
- Amy Bardolph
- Anastasia Tuckness
- Hannah Nielsen
- Karen Somerville
- Gayathri Bashi
- We updated the trailer for The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau (Markel) — to mention that it has won the PEN/Steven Kroll Award, because we are ridiculously proud of both (the trailer, and the award). Watch it here!
. . . and elsewhere.
- Anastasia Suen featured Ready and Waiting for You (Moreillon and Stock) as book of the day on her blog, Booktalking#kidlit.
- Betsy Bird of the New York Public Library mentioned that The Fantastic Jungles of Henri Rousseau (Michelle Markel) won the PEN/Steven Kroll Award for Picture Book Writing on her blog Fuse8. She said, “A better choice I could not have made.” Watch the updated trailer here!
- Deborah Lytton of the blog Adventures in Writing interviewed Betsy Bird and asked her to recommend some quiet books for parents and teachers to read with their children. Among her recommendations: A Girl Called Problem, by Katie Quirk.
Subscribers can head over to Publisher’s Weekly to read about The War Within These Walls (Sax and Strzelecki) in its article, Helping Kids Make Sense of War: Military Books 2013.
- Darrin Belousek’s book Atonement, Justice, and Peace: The Message of the Cross and the Mission of the Church will be featured at the American Academy of Religion (AAR) annual meeting in November.
- Goodreads with Ronna reviewed Ready and Waiting for You (Moreillon and Stock): “…an ideal picture book to share with youngsters this time of year as they change gears from lazy summer daze to busy school days.”
- Two EBYR titles, Garmann’s Secret (Stian Hole) and Bow-Wow Wiggle-Waggle (Mary Newell DePalma) were featured on the Children’s Book Council Seasonal Showcase, Summer is for Exploring!
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with Eerdmans or EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You also can post items on our Facebook timeline, mention us on Twitter (@eerdmansbooks or @ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: email@example.com.