Welcome once again to Eerdmans All Over, a Friday roundup of all the Eerdmans-related news, reviews, interviews, and other interesting online content we can gather in a given week.
Old Testament Pseudepigrapha: More Noncanonical Scriptures, Volume 1
Richard Bauckham, James R. Davila, and Alexander Panayotov, editors
Institutes of the Christian Religion, 2 Volume Set
John Calvin, translated by Henry Beveridge
News from Eerdmans . . .
- We’re on our way to the AAR/SBL Annual Meeting in Baltimore — hope to see you there!
. . . and elsewhere.
- Four EBYR books have won awards from the Society of School Librarians International!
- Religion News Service highlighted Jerusalem: The Movie, featuring Jodi Magness (Stone and Dung, Oil and Spit), as it comes to the giant screen. Jersusalem: The Movie “…may be as close as a person can get to praying at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Western Wall, without actually going there.”
- Matthew Claridge conducted an immersive, fascinating interview with James Bratt for Credo Magazine about his new biography, Abraham Kuyper: Modern Calvinist, Christian Democrat.
- Judi Moreillon signed copies of Ready and Waiting for You at Booth 328 at AASL 2013.
- Hearts and Minds bookstore is holding a sale on resources for “living in color” (books on race, diversity, multi-ethnic ministry and more), and one of them is From Times Square to Timbuktu by Wesley Granberg-Michaelson. Head on over and grab a copy!
- Pre-order the new Logos software edition of the five-volume The Book of Acts in Its First Century Setting. Or grab the print version right here!
- Kyle McDanell posted part three of his three-part review of Jesus and the Eyewitnesses on Blogizomai.
- Robert Cornwall reviewed The Ox-Herder and the Good Shepherd by Addison Hodges Hart on his blog, Ponderings on a Faith Journey. “I believe that many Christians who read this book and meditate on the ten pictures, and along the way, will find new ways of encountering the Good Shepherd.”
- The Gospel Coalition posted a review of Abraham Kuyper: Modern Calvinist, Christian Democrat. “James Bratt’s eminently readable Abraham Kuyper: Modern Calvinist, Christian Democrat is the first full-length biography of Kuyper in English—and it couldn’t have come at a better time.”
Have we missed any news, reviews, or other online miscellany dealing with Eerdmans or EBYR books or authors from the last week? Please let us know in the comments. You also can post items on our Facebook timeline, mention us on Twitter (@eerdmansbooks or @ebyrbooks), or write to us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.